High School Students

Colleges and universities throughout Michigan offer several opportunities for high school students to earn college credit through programs like Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Early Middle College or Dual Enrollment.  

Begin to plan your transfer by exploring careers and majors, consulting with an advisor, and planning your academic program and transfer options.  

Plan Your Transfer >


Find a College or University

It is never too early to start exploring colleges and universities.  Michigan institutions of higher education continue to work together to make the transfer process easy to understand and simple to navigate.  Begin exploring transfer options at Michigan's colleges and universities.  

Colleges & Universities >

Consult with a Counselor or Advisor

High school counselors and advisors at colleges and universities can be a great resource to help you plan your transfer.  Speak with your school counselor or contact an institution of higher education to review your college options and plan your transfer.


Contact an Institution >



Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) and CLEP

Students can earn college credit for AP exams at most colleges and universities in Michigan.  Find additional information about AP exams, requires scores, and academic credit by selecting the institution to which you plan to transfer.  

Find a College or University >

Dual Enrollment and Early Middle College

Colleges and universities throughout Michigan offer high school students the opportunity to earn credit through dual enrollment and early/ middle college programs.  Find additional information about dual enrollment programs by selecting an institution where you plan to complete courses.  

Find College or University >